Thread: Proposal: Wpg-Pit trade
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 10:15 PM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
That list is just as disingenious as the pure stat reciting if not more so. So you honestly believe Kane will eventually turn out to be just like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Jagr?
As for the rest of those names, Iīd trade Neal for Kovalchuk and none of the others on that list, because I really donīt care whether or not he can score 40g with any other center than Malkin. The Pens have Malkin. Neal absolutely no holds bared no improvement required does it for them. His is simply not the position we seek to change anything about.

Kane is a wonderful player and he has done just great so far, but it looks like he will become a 40++ goal scorer elsewhere.
The purpose of the list was simply to show that Kane is in pretty rarified company as a goal scorer. Will he turn out like Crosby and Malkin? No way. But the list does suggest he has more upside potential than Neal over the totality of his career. You may disagree, but calling it disingenuous is a bit unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
I asked one question earlier that went unanswered, I'll try again.

From the Winnipeg perspective, I keep hearing Kane scored 30 with no center. And Neal only broke 40 because of Malkin.

What is the incentive for the Jets in this deal? Neal wouldn't have a setup guy, same as Kane didn't.
Agreed, I see no incentive for the Jets or Pitts in this--I just got drawn into the Neal vs Kane discussion with the rest of the Wpg "clowns". Bad manners aside, I must say I am impressed with the respect you all have for Neal as a player and will watch him more closely in the future.

Last edited by scelaton: 02-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote