View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Milhouse40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Umm first thing first, I never thought of him as a 1st line C. A 2nd C maybe. And I'm all for benching DD...I'm also up for putting him on the wing. And I'm also up for mixing his line up and moving the other wings off his line to some other line because all three of them are horrible this year.
That said, some people like the comment above make it sound like the main reason they are doing horrible defensively is...DD. Which is rather unfair.
For the 3 goals that DD was on for in yesterdays game, none of them are goals he could have done anything about. Heck, one was frankly Cole's mishandling of his man (Second goal of the night?).
BTW, he won't get any better? Sure he's not that young…but it's rather early to judge his career after only 10 games into his second full season don't you think?
Oh and another thing…EVERY player makes a mistake in 100% of the games they play in. If you are suggesting that instead, DD is making mistakes 90% of the time…well, he never would have gotten past the minors, let alone the NHL. Either way, that comment is just wrong.
First things first.....i meant IT won't get any better than that.

When you say, he wasn't able to do anything agaisnt the Toronto's goal.
I disagree.

DD's job is to create offensive...that's the only thing he's really good at.
He is (and his line) supposed to be in the offensive zone most of the time.
Just to be able to be on the ice for 9 of the 16 goals at 5 on 5....tells me that he spent way too much time in our zone for a offensive center/line.

DD is not THE reason of those lost....but he is one of the top reason.

Why? cause offensively he gives you nothing, not even to spent some time in the offensive zone and creating chances.

You looked at the end every plays before Toronto's goal....But who was in the offensive zone and who lost the control of that puck is also really important.