View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 10:23 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Tallinder healthy scratched for the fifth consecutive time tonight. Deboer had a pretty telling comment and one that I think indicates they'd be willing to move him:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...taken_the.html

Considering five of the other seven earn less money than Tallinder, one would have to imagine that he could be on the move. With it looking more and more likely that Regehr may be creeping in on Rivet territory, Regier may want to start considering some different defensive defensemen for next season. The UFA crop of defensemen is pretty poor, too.

Tallinder is has one more season on his contract after this one, and a cap hit of $3.375m.
So, let me get this straight. Tallinder, a HEALTHY SCRATCH, is our teams defensive savior?

We got the last good season out of him in Myers rookie year. Sorry. We did. This idea that we can magically promote a player who is a healthy scratch on a team that isn't exactly swimming in amazing defensive talent to our top pairing.

I should also point out we are currently carrying EIGHT d-men.

Adding Tallinder fixes nothing. If you really want a better defensive team, put brennan on waivers, trade Leopold, call up Pardy, scratch Sulzer.

Myers-Sekera
Pardy-Ehrhoff
Weber-Regehr
Sulzer