View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Spot on. Those were the others coming to mind for me as well. I think Zubie did it better than all of them though given his era of hockey, and the skill he was up against. The man was a one man breakout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Zubov is my Jesus. Lidstrom is the best overall defenseman of the past 20 years (maybe ever), but I enjoyed watching Zubov more.

Zubov was amazing. His skill level was out of this world. Since Hull didn't play for the Stars in his prime, I can say Zubov is the best player this franchise has had. Lehtinen is a close second.
Well Bobby Orr was easily the best at it. You can debate the others after that but the next best is probably Coffey. Lidstrom has to be the best defenseman to come in to the league since Ray Bourque in '79. No others since would rank quite as high. Orr, Bourque, and Potvin are my top 3 of all time. After them in no order you could throw in Harvey, Robinson, and Lidstrom. People say Shore but I never like ranking pre-50s.

I will always say Modano is the greatest player we've had, but I could see an argument for Zubie. And just the fact that he was so underappreciated makes you love him even more.

tjcurrie is online now   Reply With Quote