View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
Regardless of whether you agree that Sam is the right #2C for this team, you have to admit that patience with Gagner is starting to pay off. Like many people have aforementioned: Gagner is much better speedwise, stronger on the puck, and creating offensive opportunities.

I think this is the breakout year that every Oilers fans were waiting for.

He has regressed in faceoffs this year, which is a little unfortunate, but thats okay.
Agreed. I always held out hope, but was also one to voice my frustrations about his play. This year he shows continued improvement in basically every area that was previously a weakness (though his skating is still below average IMO). He seems committed to improving his game and that same determination is seen on the ice with his willingness to drop the gloves against guys he's guaranteed to get stomped by. As far as being to small in our top 6, Hemmer is the odd man out for me. Get Yak on his natural wing and look for a LW with size. And get grittier in the bottom 6.

The only question that remains with Gagner is what type of extension do you offer, and what will he be seeking? 4 per? 3 years? A year and a half away from being one of the youngest free agents in a while, and arbitration eligible in a year where he is lighting it up early... could get interesting.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote