View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Iron Chef

vCash: 500
My fiancee and I are on a mission to see the Sharks play in every NHL arena before we die. So far we've been to:

Anaheim - worst fan base I've ever encountered. Shark Infestation Trip.

LA - Friendly jabs, but not aggressive like Ducks fans. Went for Game 4 of the 2012 QWCF

Vancouver - Surprisingly amazing fans. They were genuinely happy that we came all the way from SJ. Even though we wore our Sharks gear around the city (this was the season after we lost to the Canucks in the WCF), they were all very kind. Its significantly cheaper (and more fun) to fly to Seattle, then take 4 hour train ride to Vancouver along the coast. We ended up staying in Seattle on New Years Eve and got to watch the iconic fireworks celebration at the Space Needle. Something I'll never forget

Washington DC - Caps fans are so amazing. If you think they sound great on TV, wait till you got watch a game there. Every single fan cheers, its unbelievable. Lots of great places to eat. There's that White House place too.

Boston - Another great hockey town. We got a few friendly jabs, but all in good fun. They are willing to take it as much as they dish it. So much history in Boston and great eats. I had one of the top 5 meals of my life in Boston.

Overall, our adventures have been amazing. We've learned that as long as you focus on cheering for your team and not putting down the home team, it's great to go to road games.

We're thinking. As much as I hate the tennis road trip, it's a shame its ending this year. We would have loved to spend our honey moon travelling with the team on that trip.

Iron Chef is online now   Reply With Quote