View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Fact is there are rarely elite players outside of the top 10 picks, usually you have to go even lower say top 5, I wouldn't give Pens scouts too much credit for picking Crosby or Malkin, these are no brainers, we got it right with Rielly at 5 last year. When most wanted Grigorenko or Forsberg we went for a kid with character, with a repaired ACL, and only 18 games of exposure last season. Not a slam dunk as some claim it was.

No complaints about the Rielly pick here, but to be fair, he hasn't really distanced himself from those two prospects whom the average Leaf fan would have drafted at 5th overall...and Grigs really does look to have #1 center potential afterall, regardless what Button was sayin. I wonder how much Button singlehandedly lowered Grigorenko's draft position? Not drafting Forsberg made a lot more sense once the JVR trade came to fruition...I wonder how much input Morrison would have made on the Schenn-JVR swap, as they're both barely past the prospect stage of their careers.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote