View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I say Zubov because of the wealth of talent that's in the league now and when he was in. I mean honestly... There wasn't as much saturation when Bobby played. He revolutionized the position! Zubie did it all in a strong, strong league.
I know what youre saying, and its a valid point, but Bobby Orr was just simply the greatest. And itll probably remain that way until God puts on skates. Players werent as trained from top to bottom as they have been the last 15 years or so, but even against the upper eschilon teams like Montreal, Philadelphia, Buffalo, etc he was the man. The only guys who even compared to Orr's skating were probably Guy Lafleur, Bobby Hull, and Gilbert Perreault. Even when the 80s came around and Bourque and Coffey broke in, nobody compared to Orr as far as defensemen being able to go end to end with the puck.

Tough to compare eras but Bobby Orr was just something else. Even with knee problems.

Heres a cool highlight package. Of course the goalies werent as solid so pay no attention to them. Just watch Bobby. Especially the one vs us when hes being held on to at the start of his rush.

Zubov was more the guy that slowed things down with his head up (which isnt a slight against him as thats certainly a skill). Orr was just end to end making everyone else look silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSDw3...e_gdata_player

Last edited by tjcurrie: 02-10-2013 at 11:19 PM.
tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote