View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:19 PM
coolboarder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
Unless there is expansion into western cities, ie. Seattle/Houston for example, and the Coyotes remaining in Glendale, there are going to be ETZ teams that end up in a division with CTZ teams. Just the reality of the demographics of the league.

If you go on the basis that the Coyotes either remain where they are or get moved to Seattle, then a 4 division breakdown should be:

I'd make the West 2 Seven team divisions. Any Eastern team that complains, can volunteer to join the Central division if they wish.

Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, San Jose, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Coyotes (Sea/Phx)
Colorado, Winnipeg, Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Minnesota, Nashville

Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Ottawa, Buffalo, Boston, Columbus, Pitt
New York, Brooklyn, Philly, Pitt, NJ, Washington, Carolina, TB, Florida

Makes the most sense, barring either expansion or relocation. But, Markham/Quebec seem to top the discussion of expansion cities, So, who knows what happens if that happens.

Move Colorado to the West. Then the Central requires 2 teams. Are you going to move Detroit/Columbus back there?
I think that Markham would be in the division with Detroit/Columbus if the expansion goes through or even a relocation. There is a real need for more western team expansion so Seattle is my first choice and Houston could work if it is paired with Dallas as their divisions rivals. For the best interest of the league, financially, that Quebec City or Markham be visible franchise for the revenues that the league needed ever since it losing millions of dollars in Phoenix fiasco. Houston or Seattle can wait unless it has proven to be more profitable having them there.