View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:21 PM
departures89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
We dont need wingers

Lupul, Kessel, Frattin, JVR, Kulemin and Komarov are our top 9 wingers so far. Not too mention MacArthur.

The only thing we need this summer, is a upgrade at #1 C, then our forwards are set. (Ashton, Colborne, Biggs, Ross, McKegg all guys that could potentially be called up if injuries occur)

On D, I think we actually are decently set.

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Franson
Holzer - Fraser
Kostka - Gunnarsson

That wouldn't be terrible for next season. Komi gets amnestied (as much as I have liked his play in the few games he has played, cap hit can be used elsewhere) and Liles traded (or heck, even amnestied if no one wants him, although I am sure someone would)

In goal, through the first 12 games of the season Reimer seems to be Optimus Reim once again. In terms of back up, I still have faith in Scrivens. However if he is maybe involved in a deal in the summer (possibly apart of a deal to get a center) then we can sign a veteran backup, possibly Theodore?

This! You hit the nail on the head.

The only forward change that is needed is a number 1 centre. You dump Bozak if you can pick one up via free agency or trade. Our Defence was an area I thought needed improvement (i.e. a stay at home d-man who is hard as nails) but frankly in the first 1/4 of the season, Holzer and Fraser have played well enough to merit keeping them for that role next year. They also come far cheeper than paying for one in July to boot. I would prefer someone with a little more clout then Theodore in net (like N. Backstrom) but beggars can't be choosers if Reimer is going to have the number 1 role.

ps
I actually can't believe how well Holzer and Komarov have played this year.