View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:28 PM
calvinguy

vCash: 500
Quote:

MVP? (and why)
Schultz hands down. Been our most consistent player every single game. He plays in every position and there is honestly nothing negative I can say about his game so far.
Quote:
Player who has surprised you with his play this season?
Gagner. What can I say? Nobody expected him to come out this strong since he has always been a slower starter.

Quote:
Player who has disappointed you with his play this season?
RNH. Only because I have such high expectations of him.

Quote:
Strongest area of the team? (offense/D/Goaltending)
Our offense makes me sad, D appears to be ok apart from potter and whitney. So I guess goal-tending has been the strongest area.
Quote:
Thoughts on coaching and system in place?
I was pretty optimistic about Kreuger at the beginning of the season. Some of his decisions make me question his capability. Like Potter over Fistric. After today's game, I'm really confused about whether he knows how to motivate the team or not. Probably still too early to judge him though.

Quote:
Positives from the Oilers so far?
Hall looks much faster and stronger this year. Dubynk beginning to look like a legit NHL starter. Justin Schultz being everything we expected and more.

Quote:
Areas where the Oilers need to improve?
5 on 5 play, getting shots on net, and winning faceoffs. If we can fix those areas, I'm positive we can make the playoffs.
Quote:
Overall grade for the Oilers?
c+

Quote:
Revised season outcome for the Oilers (in terms of position in the NHL/West they finish)?
I see them finishing somewhere between 11-13th in the western conference.

calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote