View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Arnaud would be a solid right back lol. You don't need offense, and Arnauds best quality Is to run in to players like if they were stuffed bears. Unfortunately, RW/RM isn't for him. Sometimes his touch on the ball is as silk as Justin Braun's

I'm sure if his salary was 40 000 a year, and wasn't captain (therefore not guaranteed a spot in the starting XI every week) we all would love him on the team as a good guy in the locker room, and the kind of guy you would want to use as a 2nd half sub on road games when you got a lead and need to grind a win
The big problem for me is not that he's on the team, but that he's the captain. Once you're captain you're rarely benched (if ever), and if you're clearly not one of the better players on the team, it can really turn into a problem. it will be interesting to see how Shalilbaum utilizes him throughout the season, because i doubt he'll decide to take away his captaincy. It takes a coach with a lot of balls to either sit a captain or strip his armband completely. My feeling is that he'll be dealt sometime during the season, if not before.

But besides that issue, I'm super pumped for this season! I complained all season long about the depth at wing and the lack of creativity there, and i felt like the management team really came through in that regard. Hard to know how well we'll do, but it's going to be exciting!