View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Some reports have come out that this draft isn't as deep as everyone says it is, do you agree?
There are some guys that haven't performed as well as advertised, for various reasons. There are some that I have concerns/reservations about (Lazar, consistency); and there are others that I feel are falling as a result of their situations or simply being surpassed by guys that have just flat been better (Pulock, Theodore). However, I still think that there is some serious talent available, and with three first round picks, there's no reason that we shouldn't come away with three (or more, high second rounder) blue chippers. In fact, I would consider it a bit of fortune if we could come away with a guy like Ryan Pulock in the early teens ... and that's just one example. Shea Theodore's Seattle Thunderbirds lost 15 straight games and fell completely into oblivion after having a fairly successful early part of the season. His stock has plummeted to the point that a lot of people have him slated in the second round ... but, this is a very good player that would be an excellent piece for our team. Mike Green suffered a similar fate when his Saskatoon Blades were one of the worst teams in junior hockey history in his draft year ... while I wouldn't compare Shea Theodore to him, it's just one example of what can happen in that situation.

In essence, I still think this is one of the deeper drafts in recent memory. There is a lot of skill, a lot of character, and plenty of guys that have an abundance of both. It won't be 2003 all over again, but I think there will be 5-6 real good, superstar quality players coming out of this thing. Maybe more, plus plenty of guys who are top-6 forwards/top-4 defensemen.