View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 12:06 AM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightGraham View Post
Sadly, we are nowhere close to building a baseball stadium in Montreal. I just can't see it happening in the foreseeable future. And this is coming from a huge Expos fan.

Building the new arena in Quebec City made way more sense than building a new stadium in Montreal (because the other arena needed to be replaced, they can have shows in it and there's a fairly good chance the NHL will come back) and yet that took years to materialize and it almost didn't happen.

I can't see anyone (government or private investor) willing to fund a stadium in Montreal because of how big of a financial risk it would be considering a baseball team failed here not that long ago. The problem with baseball stadiums is they basically can't be used for anything other than baseball and the occasional big show.
Football too? How new is the Alouttes stadium? Could renovations be done to share with a baseball team?

It would be awesome to get another baseball team in Canada.. Especially if it was the Rays and they stayed in the AL east.

I doubt it would happen, but the concept is definitely intriguing... I remember how impressed I was when the Nationals came to Toronto last year and there was a considerable number of Expo fans. More jerseys and hats then I ever expected to see.. We sat in front of a whole group that made the drive.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote