Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Made the playoffs??

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Is that the consensus on these forums so far? From the GDTs and my own observations seems like it's been our Defense and not so much Theo. That coupled with our history of low scoring. There's also the possibility that I'm blind and/or stupid.

Thanks for letting me know when I can and cannot respond.
First few games I could say it was our defense, but Theo has not been nearly at the same level that he was last year.

Signs of greatness then back to struggling. He doesn't fight puck anywhere near the way Clemmer does, but he's struggling.

I'm sorry but a 3.41 GAA and .890 save% are absolutely terrible stats, especially for a team who NEEDS great goaltending to stay relevant. Guys he's 37 this year. He played much better than anyone could have expected last season, but he's pushing 40. I don't know if he can continue playing at that pace ala Ed Belfour.

Can we really afford to sit around and wait for one of our goalies to "find their rhythm"? We're 1/4th of the way into the season.

We can stick with Theo and hope he turns it around, but if his GAA continues to hover above 3, this team is picking top-3 this season because we do not have the offence to make up for it.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote