View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 02:05 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Nope. I thought about it. Horrible trade.

Here's the thing about Phaneuf. He's a big baby, always has been. You say he'd do better on the 2nd pairing, but if he's not getting top minutes and a top role he pouts. You seriously should've seen the Flames/Avs game I went to when both him and Bouwmeester were on the Flames. They rolled out the power play and both of them ran the points. Should've worked, right? Wrong. Phaneuf took the puck in the defensive zone and wouldn't let Bouwmeester get anywhere near it, wouldn't ever pass to him. Ever. Even if Bouwmeester was open or if a forechecker/PKer were bearing down on him. Seriously, even though J-Bo was/is the better outlet passer and could probably skate it up better too. Remember one of the reasons Sutter finally dealt his golden boy was how disruptive he was in the locker room. The guy's a divisive presence and one of many foolish moves the Leafs made was pinning the C on him.

Gardiner could be awesome, but to trade our top player from last year and a potential top-5 pick for a guy who could be a top NHL defenseman and a guy who never has been? No, no, a thousand times, no. I have no desire whatsoever to bail the Leafs out of their current predicament, and that's pretty much what that trade would do, along with setting our own rebuild back a few years.
Yeah we need to draft one of the top forwards in in the draft this year and trade O'Reilly/Stastny for Yandle. That would be the quickest way to get back on track.

And hell no... on Phaneuf I remember exactly what your talking about with Calgary and it was widely publicized. Gardiner is to huge of a question mark...

Personally I think even if we draft MacKinnon he would be better on the wing anyways. Hes not as dynamic as Drouin is when it comes to his hockey IQ. I'm personally hoping for Drouin, hes not that small, is a aggressive hard working high hockey IQ player that would be perfect on Duchene's LW.

Landeskog/Sgarbossa - Stastny - Landeskog/Horton (UFA signing)/Sgarbossa

Drouin - Duchene - Parenteau

McGinn - Bozak - Jones/Sgarbossa (I hope we trade Jones for a 1st at the deadline)

McLeod - Mitchell - Kob/Bordy

Yandle - EJ

Hejda - UFA-D

The rest....

Varly/Jiggy

We could have this as early as next year, with Jones... Yeah maybe he makes the NHL next year but he wont be ready for top pairing minutes and hes right handed. We also wouldn't have our top line winger hole filled either, which until we fill out our top 6 we are not going to compete for ****. Oh and obviously SackHat needs to be fired as well.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote