View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
MVP? (and why) Dubnyk, the why is self explanatory

Player who has surprised you with his play this season? Gagner is really busting out, prone to hot steaks before but I think he's reached another level. Justin Schultz isn't surprising watched too many AHL games it was pretty clear he was going to be very good.

Player who has disappointed you with his play this season? Whitney, hands down. Hearing reports he was skating well, got me really optimistic. I can't remember who in the Edmonton media said that, but they clearly need glasses

Strongest area of the team? (offense/D/Goaltending) Goaltending

Thoughts on coaching and system in place? It seems like everyone is buying into atleast trying to play better defense. They still clearly need to work on a lot of issues though.

Positives from the Oilers so far? Quarter way through the season and were still in the mix for a playoff spot and that's with many of our best players not contributing as much as they are capable of.

Areas where the Oilers need to improve? Clearly 5 on 5, and more pucks in the opposition net.

Overall grade for the Oilers? C- we are relying on strong goaltending too much and need to play better.

Revised season outcome for the Oilers (in terms of position in the NHL/West they finish)? I predicted either 10th or 11th in the west, were currently sitting 9th. I still think we'll be pretty close to that marker, although I believe if we could make the playoffs with this crew if we cut some dead weight and made some minor acquisitions.

Burnt Biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote