View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:08 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
What is the fascination with Erskine? I don't see what separates him from a guy like Regehr. Regehr or Leopold are two guys that I'd love to add to this defense. Leopold is a pretty average defenseman, but doesn't make too many mistakes when he's on the ice and can play any role. Regehr will probably be much cheaper. He is an elite PKer and is famous for his physical confrontations with the Sedins and Hemsky. Tough as nails, our answer to Sauer going down.
REPLACING SAUER
Regehr or Leopold might be very good deadline additions. Totally agree with you.
Murray or Erskine otoh would be something we might be able to acquire a bit earlier. San Jose will have a log jam on D once Burns returns (nice rhyme to that) and will most likely be looking to move a D then. If Washington feels that they are out of it early. They might not wait until the deadline to start selling off pieces not part of the future plan.

Regarding an offensive defenseman, firstly we gotta really be sure we really need to address that primarily with our tradeable assets and that he would be able to fit into this system right away. Not that many UFA options available here and I do not see Sather taking on a long-term deal, unless itīs a steal.

Up front forward depth for POs is another matter. I think 1-2 UFA depth additions at the dealine will be considered here. And we will lose some pretty good assets. Sather thinks we got the goods NOW and is moving his chips forward with the hand he has got. Most likely UFAs, but not 100% sure