Thread: Homer's Odyssey
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:19 AM
CootaRoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
and Amaro's horrible at drafting and evaluating talent (with or without having the resources).
Eh, I actually think the Phillies have a good scouting department - albeit I don't agree with their drafting philosophy (though they finally seem to have started coming off their HS athlete that can't play baseball obsession). Their problem; however, is that they habitually put less money into the draft than other teams (even since becoming the 'Yankees' of the NL in FA), often opting for a lesser talent willing to sign for slot rather than a better talent asking for above at the same position. Still, they've managed to do quite well for themselves in the draft in recent years (even if most get traded - often in horrible, horrible ways *cough Hunter Pence cough*), imo.

Evaluating talent on the other hand? I'll definitely agree there... I'm actually pretty sure Amaro still thinks it is 1920 and he hasn't even heard of OPS let alone sabremetrics. This lineup is gonna put up alot of sexy solo HRs in 4-3 losses this year.

But I digress...

CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote