View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 04:37 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
to say Clowe wouldn't be above Pyatt in the linep is just an absurd statement.

I like Pyatt, a lot actually, but he is a 25-35 point player. Clowe gets 40/year and has approached 60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Agreed...Clowe is a far better all around player than Pyatt. Better Skilled, better playmaker. And then there's the tough guy aspect. Clowe is one tough SOB. Rarely loses a scrap, and stands up for his teammates. Pyatt is a gamer that will fight only when there isn't much of an option.
Far better based on what? Again, stats? I've watched him play plenty of times. He is not "far" better than what Pyatt offers. Not to mention Clowe has played on many more deep and offensively talented teams than Pyatt in his career. You look at all the other numbers, they are similar players. This year with Pyatt playing on a stronger offensive team here in NY than in PHO, he has 5 points. Clowe has guess what 5 points. Playing field is the same to me. Let's see how great those "playmaking" skills are compared to Pyatt's by year's end even though they play similar games. You said Clowe can put the puck in the net. He has 0 this year. Most teams are a quarter of the way through the season, but the season is still young.