View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 05:26 AM
TennisMenace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
I guess its a matter of style - depending on how the coach structures the team. Orr was on Ron Wilson's team previously and was beyond useless because he wasn't utilized effectively. Under Carlyle, you can definitely see the effect of having such guys on the bench. The team in general is a lot more rowdy, especially in front of their own net. Guys like Kostka (who has basically never fought in his life) fought, albeit against a really small player. But its something you wouldn't see. Thus, I guess it really depends on whether you believe enforcers act as a "buff" for the team, making everyone feel a bit bigger, safer, more argumentative. Watching the team, I would tend to believe it.

Chris Neil is a better hockey player - but no where close to the fighter Orr is. And not even close to the same weight class as McClaren or Orr. Shawn Thornton is better I agree, but he is a rare player - I would love to have him on any team.
Excellent post. Orr does make the skilled Leafs bolder and that is a good thing yes. Plus, their defense is big unlike our shrimps.
How did we get a whole team of little guys?
Twenty years of pooh and twenty more if we don't change our ways.