Old
02-11-2013, 08:31 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
That is a rather intriguing observation. Granted, neither Minnesota or Calgary are playing particularly well, thus potentially hinging any proper analysis. But even so, the Sedins appeared their dominate selves the first time this season during both games. What I have noticed is teams unintentionally underestimate the Sedins. They border on possessing the best cycle game in the league, providing a significant advantage usually not afforded to the "power vs. power" match up.

One can only hope AV sees this.

Evidently, it was not their best, considering the plethora of injuries we endured, skewing productivity. Your disdain for the Sedins is never ending and equally illogical. What I find perplexing is you often refuse to fault Luongo. He may not have cost us the series but his play was no better than the Sedins.
Actually his play was miles better than the Sedins. Luongo won us 3 games, two of them by a 1-0 score. That's like the equivalent of the Sedins putting up 4 points each which they didn't do.

And I have faulted Luongo when he's at fault, but when your offense puts up 8 goals in 7 games, while your goalie still gets you to game 7 on the back if 2 1-0 shutout wins, it's hard to blame the goalie equally as much as your star forwards who did nothing. And that is why I am more willing to hold on to someone like Luongo going forward and not the Sedins. IMO unless the Sedins win a cup or have a Linden like performance in the playoffs this year or next, we should be parting ways when their contracts are up barring a huge pay cut.