View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 09:44 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
I know this may not be the most popular suggestion but I am surprised not to hear Moulson's name as a trade chip.. hear me out before you jump on me. I have met Moulson 2 times, he seems like a great guy, great attitude and he wants to be here, I get that. He does one thing incredibly well that is score garbage goals. However, he does nothing else better than average and many things below average. Going to every home game and watching him float, I have come to believe that he is a handcuff for JT, that JT will never be solidly a plus player and reach his full all around potential with Moulson on his line. Yes they have goal scoring chemistry but, i find that is a bit of a smoke screen since Moulson does not create any chances and is a defensive liablity. This is not a personal attack because I think he has been a great teammate and representative but if this team is to move forward it will take better all around guys like fully matured Nino, Strome, Bailey, Ullstrom, Nelson or some UFA/draft pick to let JT reach his total potential in all facets.

I think he should be a candidate to trade since he has a cap friendly salary and may bring back value.
I am not a Moulson hater, just trying to imagine what this team will need to reach the next level. Just my opinion.
The reasons for me to not deal Moulson are simple...

He has chemistry with JT, and that line is our only consistent scoring line — garbage goals or not. Risking messing that up when you are struggling is dangerous. There is no guarantee that what comes back in a deal, or what moves into that position will be able to click with Tavares.

He has a cap friendly deal. And that is reason enough for this owner, at this time. Wang is all about bang for buck, especially until we get to Brooklyn.

Lastly, I think that keeping JT happy is a good thing. He is out one true star right now and he is allowing the team to stay afloat — even if barely. A pissed off JT is not something I would want. If he requested a trade, the franchise would be dead for the next 25 years.

Id add — that perhaps next season is the time to deal Moulson at the deadline.

And I would also suggest that no player should be off limits with the possible exception of Tavares. But a return for Moulson would need to be pretty amazing for me to consider dealing him*— and we know Snow has a set idea of an asking price, and it is pretty high for his players. Something along the lines of a Corry Perry at minimum. Most will see that as overpayment. Perhaps the Isles would need to attach a pick along with Moulson —*OK. But a high caliber top line wing better be coming back in a deal for Moulson — and one who is in his prime, not some has-been.

Last edited by HyeDray: 02-11-2013 at 09:49 AM.