View Single Post
02-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
vCash: 50
Nothing really needs to be changed here, so I'm glad the line remains the same.

Switching Pacioretty for Prust takes a away a bit of grit but not all of it, and adds a lot more skill and scoring power. Now Galchenyuk is going to have two guys with quick releases to pass to. If defenseman are quick to cover those two and leave Galchenyuk open, he can utilize his shot as well. If they find chemistry quickly, they'll do damage 5-on-5. Also love seeing Galchenyuk and Gallagher in the top 6. Therrien must adore these two.

Hopefully the message is sent to Cole and Desharnais. Minus the first game against Buffalo, Cole and Desharnais have been invisible and missing in action. I think Prust can cover up the defensive unawareness of both Desharnais and Cole, but to what extent? We'll see.

Not a fan of Eller being reduced to a 4th line centre but this line HAS done well so far. Armstrong and Moen work hard in corners and when they get the puck back to Eller, he's creative enough to draw in opposing players before passing to the blue-line while Moen and Armstrong are fighting for position in front of the net. It's a hard working line that does do the job well. However, I hope the experiment comes to an end soon. I'd rather see Eller taking Cole's spot on the 3rd line, White come in on the 4th line and Cole sit for a game or two. Maybe that would be the wake up he needs.

Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote