View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 09:27 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
It is a damn good thing thr PK is rated #1 while the PP is ranked #30 otherwise their record would be 1-8-1 instead of 8-1-1.

We have very good players. I think the problem is the way the PP is set up. I've never been much of a fan of dump/chase in a 5 on 5 situation and I think it is an even more horrible way to set up your PP. I think you need to keep control of the puck even more so on the PP because it is your one chance to get an easy goal so to speak. Letting the short handed team get a clearing or SHG opportunity by just dumping the puck into their end is a wasted offensive opportunity.

Plus the fact that everyone in the league knows how the Bruins set up their PP once they do have the puck. It hasn't changed in 4 seasons. It is too predictable and thus too easy to defend against. You all know the definition of insanity- keep doing the same thing over and over again in hopes of a different result. Such is the Bruins PP.

I think CJ should let Doug Hamilton QB one of the PP units on regular basis starting now. I think he has the right instincts. Yes he will make some mistakes but in the long run I think it will pay off huge. He can move the puck up the ice and he is a very good passer.

At the very least I think CJ needs to tell Geoff Ward to change his approach or risk losing his job. He's just not cutting it as PP coach.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote