View Single Post
02-11-2013, 09:31 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Forget about Korostelev's shot, break down the rest of his game over the 200 feet of ice. Its lacking in many ways. His shot misses the net more times than not, he wont have the luxury in the OHL to put up 8 shots a night. How effective is his bomb of a shot if it rarely hits the net? For me the lack of accuracy hurts how I view his shot. His skating needs work. The way he disengages and doesnt work in the defensive zone is also a wart on his game. I think its going to be a challenge to get to him to willingly work in all 3 zones moving forward. In the offensive zone he often does the same thing, he floats waiting for the puck to get to him. Im not as impressed with him now as I was earlier this year when I was not focusing on the details to his game. I think Korostelev going in the 9-15 range makes more sense than #2 overall. In fact if a team selects him there, they have not done there homework at all, unless the Petes have to dive into the depth chart because of reporting issues.
So true. Korostelev looks like a star for 5 minutes then disappears. I could never take him over Strome or Stephens.