Thread: Post-Game Talk: 10-13-1. "A bunch of donkeys on skates"
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 09:40 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
This week seems like the week that may determine the future direction. Do they win a couple on the road to inject hope? If they lose two out of three and one of those losses is to Tampa Bay then I'd say they are done if they are not already. But I see catching Tampa Bay or winning the division as the only real chance to make the playoffs. Can't see the Caps leap frogging a half a dozen teams to get 8th place so it seems they'd have to have a great record against their own division. And they are already behind the eight ball.

To make room for Bruce Laich they must make a move. I'm guessing it will be either a send down or trading Hamrlik or maybe a surprise but I'd bet on Hamrlik. If they turn in a losing record this week then start think about selling off, especially Ribeiro. If he wants to come back to Washington he'd still be able to do that. Other moves I have no clue except the UFA's.

Chimera maybe would be a decent bargaining chip. I don't think he's as fast but the rest of the league may not realize that. He seems to be taking his share of penalties too. Would Chimera + yield a top six winger?