View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
pete goegan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
While I agree it is disappointing, Pete, I think the goals against is largely attributable to (1) an offense that can't generate sustained pressure and (2) two poor goaltenders. This isn't a great defense, but it also isn't quite as bad as the numbers might suggest.
I have no comment on the effort portion of your post, Cap, because I have a very hard time separating effort from results. As for the tenders, neither has stolen a game for us and both seem to give up just enough to lose. This team is not being routed, as they often were in the past, but that's cold consolation. Of the two, I see more potential in Bob. No, he's not been great, and often been short even of good, but I prefer his demeanor in the net and have seen enough to believe he's capable of becoming an average or better NHL goalie. A #1 guy? Not so sure, but he's the best we've got, right now. As for Mason, it really matters little what he does, I believe the team, the fans, and (at last!) management have lost faith in him. His future, for whatever it's worth, is elsewhere.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote