View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:19 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
I think you're a little bit light on Giroux, Couturier, and Schenn. Assuming Couturier keeps up his excellent defensive play and contributes at least 40-50 points before his contract is up, I see him getting a 4/16 (or more) type of deal that Jordan Staal got.
Giroux's not going to get in the 7.00m range. The new salary cap will send contracts down, not up. What did Briere get coming off a 90+ point season as a UFA? 6.5m. Giroux is an RFA, will not likely becoming off a 90+ point season unless he tears it up again, and in a more cap restrictive world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
With Brayden Schenn, I can't see him signing for a cap hit less than his current cap hit of ~3.1M.
Schenn is not making 3.11m. He's making 0.90m. He has bonuses that he can accomplish to reach that 3.11m cap hit.

I don't see him getting 4.00m/year unless he tops Giroux, who got 3.75m/year on his second contract.

Same goes for Couturier.

For the kind of production I expect those two to get this year and next, 3.00m fits right in the price range with what the Flyers have done.

Like the Canadiens, who just gave Subban that bridge contract, the Flyers also give bridge contracts. Each bridge contract is almost guaranteed to be the 3 RFA years leading up to the final RFA year when you get a long-term UFA contract. Unlike Montreal, Philadelphia is not nearly as stingy with those bridge contracts. I don't see any of Giroux, Schenn, or Couturier going any higher than what I just described.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote