Thread: Post-Game Talk: 10-13-1. "A bunch of donkeys on skates"
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Stewie G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
Bruce Laich? Xd, I think winning the division is too much of a stretch, the 4 other teams in our division can go on a winning streak anytime of the season. I'd be happy losing more games than trying to make the playoffs and failing at the 9th-10th seed. According to this site below we have a 4.9% chance of making the playoffs. There is also a 1% chance we win the Division.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html
Small sample size still plays a role in those numbers. Take a look at the number for the Islanders. Two more points than the Caps (with 1 game in hand) and they have a 25% chance of making it. One decent winning streak and that number looks a lot more manageable. Another win over FLA and then a win against TB would put them at 11. If the Bolts also lose their game against the Habs, that would put the Caps 1 point behind the Bolts.

Yes, I'm Mr. Optimistic. Life is more fun to me that way. I might change my tune as early as tomorrow night if they fall apart again, but until then I'll be over here while the everyone else decides how to chop up the corpse.