View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:43 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
I don't know what else they could have traded him for but I do know that Raycroft was a bad decision, even a 2nd round pick would have been better.

Raycroft was a failure and was gone for nothing within two years. They traded a top prospect for a goalie who lost his starting job the year before, posted a 3.71GAA and a .879 SV% and a record of 8-19-2. Even though the Bruins weren't very good that year Thomas was able to put up a 2.77GAA and .917SV% and Toivonen 2.63 and .914. while combining for a 21-18-14 record.

You're making it sound like you think there were 2 options, lose his rights for nothing or trade him for Raycroft. Is that what you think was the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
So what your saying is JFJ traded him over a 170 000 in gaurenteed NHL salary and bonus money he had little chance of earning . If you're right he's a bigger idiot than i thought .

Also why wouldn't he expect to be paid more than a 3rd rounder like Pogge ?
one of the reasons they brought in a sliding scale on entry level contracts is because of players getting 5m in guaranteed money on those very same entry level deals

with the salary cap teams had to be a little more responsible in doling out the money lets not forget the Leafs were maxed out at that time because of past mistakes and had to be somewhat sensitive to anything effecting the cap

but hey this is the internet and you're probably right

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote