View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:58 AM
calcal798

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I'd rather Getzlaf hit the market then Perry. We are in a bigger need for a guy like Getzlaf then Perry..
Yea but chances are Perry will hit the market before Getzlaf. Getzlaf will be Anaheims primary focus. He is the captain, the #1 C among others. As much as I'd like to get him, if either of them hits the free market, it will be Perry, even then the chances are slim. And on top of that, is it realistic that Perry will even sign with us?

The best thing that could happen for us is if Perry says he wants to test free agency, and Nonis can trade for him before the trade deadline (Kuli + 1 in 1st in any year of 2013-2016 that we get to pick + Komisarek). Then we have a shot to lock him up. If we can do that, then this team may be one that can start to be competitive in a year or two.

JvR-Grabo-Perry (1A scoring line)
Lupol-Kadri-Kessel (1B scoring line)
Ashton-Bozak-Frattin (shutdown line)
Mcclement-Komarov-Orr (I love these bottom four guys)
Mclaren

Rielly-Phaneuf (#1 pairing)
Gards-Holzer (#2 shutdown/scoring pairing)
Gunnar-Franson(#3 pairing)
Frasor (Toughness)

Reimer
Backup

The one thing I absolutely would love is having another scoring line that could take pressure off Kessel. Imagine being able to role either one of those lines, knowing that either one can be just as deadly. Who needs a #1C when you can do that.