Thread: Post-Game Talk: 10-13-1. "A bunch of donkeys on skates"
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 11:00 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
It is a wee bit early to root for a tank, unless you think that closed doors weighted pin pong ball drawings are a wild crazy internets invented conspiracy.

And that there are numerous once in a generation type impossibustable kids one of which we are ensured to land, and IS the missing piece. The young guns are not spring chickens anymore. Barkoff being the glue may be off the mark. off.

George wants to compete every year. And George is largely defended in all he does. He wants to horde his young D. You tote the line. Carlson is not available! Why flounder only 10 games in on George's plan to compete every year?

If you think we only have a 4% chance of making the playoffs, rooting for the tank is your privilege. Boournpick!

I want to be entertained and to squeak into playoffs. I am not sure how wise it is to propose sacrificing a season of Ovi Green and Nick for a 17 year old kid that historically is probably a 50% shot to bust.

I agree Randy. While there maybe some benefit to tanking I'd much rather be entertained. I've never been one to root for a loss but a loss in this kind of situation surely stings less as you can look at the bright side.

Last year LA looked pretty brutal during the regular season and squeaked in.

A few years back the Flyers looked brutal during the regular season and then went on a playoff tear.

One of our best runs ever came in 90 when we finished under .500. (Jim Hrvnak and Don Beaupre were our goalies for much of the year until Liut came in)

So yeah I want the Caps to win. I can't ever seem to actually root for a loss (even in the Matt Yeatts days)