roon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Scoring 1 goal in 5 games. Out of 11
What?

Quote:
7 goals in the last 5 games.
Lack of scoring is a concern...but defense wins games far more than scoring.

Quote:
The team, Seto, PMB, Heater, Scandella, Faulk, Stoner, Prosser, Koivu, Cullen, Gilbert, Spurgeon, Brodziak, Powe and Clutterbuck were all returning skaters.
PMB was out for damn near 50% of the season last year. Gilbert was just starting to get comfortable at the end of last year. Powe is gone..Prosser is garabge. Bottom line is that the lines are different and people are needing to learn to play with new guys. Takes time.

Quote:
I do not buy the no preseaon.
Most of the hockey community does. You are pretty much the odd man out on that one.

Quote:
Parise plays hard and is smart. He looked great right away. Suter and Brodin get added again two smart players that look right at home, when Sutter plays his game and does not press.
Yep, on paper we are a solid team. Looking good on paper does not win hockey games though.

Quote:
Every team has ups and downs. You could make a case to fire any coach in any sport after a short sampling. Those same coaches have a history of winning and have dealt with adversity.
How is a 2nd year head coach going to build that history if you have idiots clamoring for his firing in some kneejerk reaction?

Quote:
Yeo now has a colapse last year and a poor start this year.
That collapse last year was the result of injury and having a team full of AHL'ers. Warren Peters was centering I believe was the 2nd line...or maybe he made it up to the first line...I forget.

Quote:
He has not shown how to oversome adversity. Great teams find away to stop the bleeding or to just get in the play offs. Yeo has not found that way. I begin to question if he ever will. Anyone can coach a hard working all star team.
It's not really Yeo's job to find that way...its the players job to find that way. It's his job to hold them accountable...which he couldnt do last year due to a lack of depth...he has that depth now and is able to send messages when needed.