Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flames pickup G Joey MacDonald on waivers
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Joey MacDonald IMO is being brought in to give Irving a legitimate backup while Kipper is out. I was under the opinion that if they had someone that could play in the NHL, Irving would have been pulled last game. Not because he was bad, not by a long stretch - see my other posts for my opinion on that game from him - but because I wouldn't want his confidence ruined as you could see where that game was headed. If MacDonald was there would Hartley have made a change to spark something and to get his future goalie out of the shooting gallery? Possibly. Would he have pulled Irving under any circumstances with Taylor back there? Highly unlikely, barring injury or Irving looking completely incompetent. I think this gives the Flames a better shot at winning back-backs and allows Hartley to actually coach his goaltending situation until Kipper comes back, nothing more, nothing less.
I think that this is the main reason the move was made and that it could be a sign that Kipper will be out for longer than expected.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote