: Confirmed with Link:
Flames pickup G Joey MacDonald on waivers
View Single Post
02-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by
So to sum up and please clarify if I have gotten this wrong but
- Joey Mac has to stay on the Flames roster for the rest of the season as he was claimed off waivers? Or because he was injured that is not the case?
- Irving can be sent back down to the AHL without having to go through waivers?
- So for tonight's game Irving gets the start and Taylor is still the backup?
- But for Weds game it could be Kipper getting the start and Joey Mac as the backup?
When was the last time Joey Mac played a game? Seems like a strange backup decision given he hasn't played in forever and the decent play of Irving over the last few games in my opinion.
- MacDonald must remain on the active roster for 30 days
- Irving can be sent to the AHL, but I think after 30 days he must clear waivers again
- For tonight, barring weirdness, Irving gets the start with Taylor as backup as I don't think MacDonald could get here in time for the pre-game skate.
- I believe Kipper must remain on IR for 7 days, so he may not be eligible for Wednesday's game.
View Public Profile
Stewie Griffin's albums
Find More Posts by Stewie Griffin