Old
02-11-2013, 12:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Why? just why?

dont go panic after a few losses. We knew the team would not be much better than last season. Starting 6-2 was a fluke IMO . Be patient with the team.
Panic? I'm one of the few posters who doesn't panic.

But our centres suck at faceoffs. They did last year too. That's a huge aspect of the game we can never rely on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
thats true, but making trades just to improve the face-offs aspect of the game is silly when the team is average at best.
Seems like you're the one hitting the panic button. I think this team is better than average. And it's not just a trade to improve faceoffs, hence that it would be at least a 3rd liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Brian Boyle?
Interesting. Not quite as good at faceoffs as I want, but well above average. Brings nice size too. What would he cost? Prospects? Picks? Roster players?

EDIT: Saw your post. No way he gets Diaz, a 20-minute guy who has 9-points in 11-games on D. As for Eller, also doubt it although it does seem that MT doesn't really like him. Eller a very good two way hockey player, his only problem really is faceoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
To the OP, if he isn't a 4th liner, than who are you going? DD,Eller, Plek? We already have a log jam and centre.
I'd move DD, Eller, or Galchy to the wing. Simple solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
This. Pleks and DD were near 50% last year, not ideal, but good enough for the players they are on the team they're on. Adding some 4th liner who otherwise isn't good enough to contribute isn't really a solution. Long-term, they need to work with these guys, try to get them up there, get the young guys like White, Eller, and Galchenyuk some instruction and training, make them work on it. And if nobody can ultimately progress by the time the team reaches a higher level of competitiveness, *then* maybe it becomes an issue.
Exactly why I said I want someone who can compete at 3rd line level, minimum. Even if it's someone who can skate on the 4th line but play a regular shift (like our 4th line has been doing), I'm a happy camper. Like the suggestion of Boyle above, it was prospects/picks/Weber/White;

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Desharnais - Cole
Prust - Boyle - Moen

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-11-2013 at 12:14 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote