View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 12:13 PM
BergyDGD
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Tim Thomas was a public personnality and considered as a role-model by some people. In that regard, Thomas have a responsability to be careful if he make public statement. It's simple as that, IMHO.
I hear ya and disagreed with the way he conducted himself at the end of his tenure. But honestly none of those controversies overshadow his accomplishments on the ice. At the end of the day his political views, facebook postings, etc will be a small blip on the legacy of one of the fiercest competitors I have ever seen wear the "spoked B". No one fought like Timmy get a starting goalie spot on this team (or NHL hockey in general) and then fight again to take the spot back from Rask. Whether it was Toivenen, Fernandez, or Rask he never seemed to have a guarantee on the starting spot but kept fighting and always held off competitors for his spot. I am glad he is gone and now we can just look back at his brilliant time in Boston without whining about cap ramifications, whether or not he deserted his team and all the other nonsense. Thanks Timmy.

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote