View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Totally agree with all you said. This team has the ability to beat playoff contenders in 3-2, 6-3 and 5-1 decisions, battle hard for those one goal win games of 3-2, 4-3 while also battling back from down 3-1 twice and win..........BUT..........also lose games 4-0,4-1,7-1,5-2 and 5-0.

The fact is 5 of our 6 losses this season are by 3 goals or more. Our confidence gets depleted very quickly when down by 2 goals and then other times we can battle back and show resilience. I don't understand it all, we were well known for losing in OT more than anyone else last year or the team that barely squeaks out wins.

I asked before in another thread if people would adopt:

Flash - Shore - Huberdeau
Steeger - Weiss - Mueller

as our top two lines. We have a really tough part of the schedule ahead of us with games against:

Washington (has the confidence of beating us 5-0 on Saturday)
Montreal (has beat us 4-1 early on with several injuries, Habs have cooled off a bit)
Lightning (same situation as Montreal, team has cooled off a bit but beat us 5-2)
Toronto (Hit and miss team LOADED with toughness who grinds out wins)

Then 4 games against Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston, Buffalo who play skilled games full of intimidation capped off with 5 straight divisional games. These next 13 games will complete half of the season. If we are not hovering around .500 at this point or within 8-10 points of the division lead, this season will be a step back in the plan Tallon has for us.

We need this win against Washington tomorrow night, a 4-7-1 record with a 1/4 of the games finished is not a fair snapshot of what this team COULD BE.

I STILL BELIEVE AND STILL SEE RED, GO PANTHERS!!
Don't Flash and Huby play LW? Steeger and Mueller play RW? I tend to think of Flash and Huby as playmakers too. Steeger and Mueller are more the goalscorers. Well, Steeger is supposed to be, at least.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote