Thread: Proposal: Penguins - Bolts
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
You don't understand where I'm going with it. We have a certain amount of assets to deal. The ones that we have that carry the most value, absent the ones that frankly aren't going anywhere, are D prospects and picks. That is what we use to help this team this year. We don't trade Pouliot, or Harrington or Maatta for another prospect that could be one year away. We are a franchise that is in a win now mentality with our roster.

I'm not about to wait a year for Connolly to arrive. This hording of D prospects was done for a reason.
Theres no pleasing you, huh?

I get that its win now, but it shouldn't just be all in for this year. With Crosby, Malkin and Letang the team has a chance to contend for the next decade. Connolly is likley to be a core peice going forward.

Your perspective seems very short sighted. The organization has a few other good prospects that could be parlayed into immediate help.

I'm with the Penguins fans who don't think Perry or Iginla are options this year. Not that they wouldn't be great pick ups, but both are likely to be rentals with the cap going down and Letang and a few other players in for raises after next year. Perry will want a long term deal north of 6 mil, Iginla is going to fetch 6m as well. Shero would be better to target Lee Stempniak who could be had for a pick, or Peter Mueller who might fetch a prospect.

The Penguins are close, they don't need to make a huge splash. It would be great, sure, but organizationally theres better options long term. They're in need of a few minor improvements.

I would bet Connolly has Zach Boychuk back on waivers in a week.

If all things are equal and we're picking today with both players on the board, Tampa uses their pick on Pouliot, Pittsburgh uses theirs on Connolly. That was my logic.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote