View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 01:47 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I don't believe I said he was an AHL player. I believe I said he has AHL puck skills, which is different and I stand by that. As for the bolded above I completely disagree with you and this probably explains our differing thoughts on BB. I think he is too soft on the puck, causing turnovers which leads to us chasing. This chasing leads often to penalties and on the plus side for BB, blocked shots opportunities. As others have said over and over, he is easily knocked off the puck and off his feet. His board work never leads to anything except time off the clock and normally is a turnover waiting to happen because he doesn't come off the boards and move the puck to a teammate. He just doesn't.

I also think that watching Ranger games on TV will give you an overly positive view of BB as Joe and Sam gush over him but never report on his lost draws that lead to goals or turnovers that lead to scoring chances against or missed opportunites in the O-zone due his poor handling of the puck. I too was at all home playoff games last year and I saw a different performance
If that's the case, why over the off-season were there quite a few teams fans who specifically were asking about acquiring Boyle?

He does the little things that win games and aren't flashy. Every team needs those guys. Fedotenko is a similar style of player. They seem to do well in the playoffs when there is less space and the simple plays normally create chances.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote