View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
beach
Things are looking

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to beach
Islanders Ownership Future

The more I analyze the team's actions recently, the more I think they are about to be sold, or already have an agreement in principal to be sold. The Tim Thomas move will essentially allow the Isles to unload even more salary before the trade deadline. If the intent was to start spending in anticipation of putting a good product on the ice upon initial arrival in Brooklyn, then this action is contrary to that supposition.

Usually, for accounting purposes, a team's payroll will be brought down as low as possible just before a team is sold. I think that ultimately, Wang was willing to keep the team and spend some money if the Lighthouse Project was approved. Now, even if there is money to be made in Brooklyn, I think Wang's interests lie in real estate.

I predict that the team's sale will be announced this summer. And I think Ratner will have some sort of stake in the team. Makes too much sense. Steps down from his role at his own company, signs on as a consultant for the new coliseum development......

beach is offline   Reply With Quote