View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 01:23 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Cycle down low and along the boards...pass to the point, pass to the other point, shoot.

That's all they do. Ever.

No presence at all from the dots in, other then Lucic, who quite frankly is not that good in front of the net other then being a big body.

How about 5 forwards on the ice at once? Claude too afraid of allowing a breakaway?

How about putting our best playmakers out there all at once?

Hamilton and Seguin on the points with DK, Bergeron and Marchand up front?

How about Chara and Boychuk on the points, blasting into a screen set up by Lucic AND Horton in front, with Peverley up high?

How about some urgency and quick puck movement? How about keeping Seguin in CONSTANT motion like TB does with Stamkos?

How about watching film of St. Louis, Tampa and Pittsburgh, who I see on CI and NBCSN all the time? They make it look easy with their puck movement. They SKATE.

For a team and staff that are really great at a lot of things, the PP is embarrassing and they all need work harder at it. This Bruins team still relies far too much on their goalies.
19th and 25th ranked powerplays last year over 82 games. That's the thing about powerplays in the NHL, they change wildly in the NHL from year to year as much as any one team stat that I can find. Very few teams are consistent and if they are they're usually consistently great because of the personnel they have.
The Bruins powerplay is simply not good enough but I wouldn't fire a coach who has a very long history with the head coach including a Stanley Cup just because of it. Do we even know what else Ward is really responsible for? A lot of the Bruins powerplay problem is personnel, just don't have it without Savvy. It seems like Krejci should be the type who's excellent on the powerplay but he's looked lost out there his whole career. Chara's got a bomb but he's no Markov type quarterback. I do agree with switching it up, too much of the same old, same old.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote