View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
19th and 25th ranked powerplays last year over 82 games. That's the thing about powerplays in the NHL, they change wildly in the NHL from year to year as much as any one team stat that I can find. Very few teams are consistent and if they are they're usually consistently great because of the personnel they have.
The Bruins powerplay is simply not good enough but I wouldn't fire a coach who has a very long history with the head coach including a Stanley Cup just because of it. Do we even know what else Ward is really responsible for? A lot of the Bruins powerplay problem is personnel, just don't have it without Savvy. It seems like Krejci should be the type who's excellent on the powerplay but he's looked lost out there his whole career. Chara's got a bomb but he's no Markov type quarterback. I do agree with switching it up, too much of the same old, same old.
I wouldn't fire Ward (I think Houda is PP, no?)...just take those duties away from him...I think he's a good hockey mind...His PP system sucks...Nobody is perfect .

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote