View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I think its not even just about a "good business" move or not. Also, its about how our treatment of players as an organization becomes known around the league and Tallon strongly believes in doing that the right way. Guys like Havlat stated before how Tallon treats players very positively and they believe in a guy like that (same reason Campbell came to play for him twice now). Tallon preaches that he wants players with character and I believe thats why he re-signed Clemmensen.

So just discarding Clemmer via waivers would not be looked upon favorably nor would just trading him with only 2 starts in this season. I'm sure no one would look down on us trading him at the deadline if we're out of contention or even the offseason. If we're going to call up Markstrom at any point, it would be after the trade deadline and we've already moved a goalie.
While I agree with your post, I also do agree that Tallon has to look out for the best interest of the team and I highly doubt that interest is being a lottery team.
Tallon also preaches accountability and every player earning their ice time. If Clemmer doesn't play up to his/Dale Tallons' standards, then he needs to be demoted like any other player. I don't know if Dineen can scratch Clemmer while bringing up Marky,like any player can be scratched, or if he has to go through waivers because he's a goalie.
In all, I think our team has come out more ready in the past week, hence the good road trip,but we can't have our goaltending playing subpar,and not being able to light fires under their butts ( scratching clemmer and bringing up Marky, for instance)

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote