Thread: Waived: Hordichuk Waived
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

vCash: 50
Hordi played 8 minutes over a 12 game stretch.

If they weren't going to use him in the lineup even with a crapload of injuries on the roster... then there's absolutely no point in having him on the roster.

I do agree they really didn't give him much of a chance at all both last year and continuing this year. Energy guy who can hit and skate better than most goons. I think he could have played a bigger role than he did but saying that... he's not a difference maker on this team either way.

In the end analysis though, he wasn't being utilized by the coaches and that #13/#14 forward spot needs to be filled by a player that can actually potentially contribute 5-10 minutes of useful play per game when they do get into the lineup.

Oilers obviously need more of those elusive tough players with grit who can also play the game... like Eager should be and what hopefully Hartikainen can become.

I don't know if Hordi will be picked up by another team but I wish him well wherever he ends up. He did all that was asked of him and seemed like a genuinely great guy just like big MacIntyre who left before him. Seems to be a common trait many goons share.

I agree as well... this move let's the Oilers open up a spot for a true C callup or acquisition as Smyth isn't cutting it even in a 4th line limited ice time role.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote