Old
02-11-2013, 01:59 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The decisions we've been discussing in this thread. Trading all picks and prospects until the pool was empty, having too little cap space to fill too many spots via FA, not having anybody to call up to alleviate the situation.
Ok, I just wanted to make sure I responded to the right thing. Haha.

Anyway, to that I will say the same thing I have said over and over again. He has put together a successful team every year. Yes they are up against the cap for most of his time here, but they have been competing during that time. Did it force him to make moves he otherwise would not have? Sure. But did it also put the team in contention every year? Absolutely. If he didn't make those moves (any of those moves) it means certain players would not be here. That could be better, but it just as easily could be worse. The way I see it is he has put together one of the most successful teams in the NHL during his tenure, probably the most successful of any team that hasn't won a Cup during that time. I'm not convinced that if he makes other moves that would be the case. He has made mistakes, like all GMs. Unfavorable contracts, lopsided trades, bad draft picks, etc. But his good far outweighs the bad.

This has been discussed ad nauseum. I want to find a link to older threads so I can just post that instead of going through the same dialogue with you every couple months. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote