View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
He's spending too much time babysitting rookies like Lashoff, who don't belong in the NHL.
Kronwall isn't the type of #1 who can make up for someone else's deficiencies.
Heck, Lidstrom couldn't do that the last couple years.

I don't know if Kronwall can handle prime even strength time, + 5minutes of PP time and 3 minutes of SH time every game.

But what choices do we have?
I think we could see Colaiacovo on the point at this season, even in front of Kronwall. And his PK role is already reduced to 2nd pair, where he was also at earlier seasons. He has never been a 1st PK guy (on paper, only in injury occasions), and never should be.

Ericsson and Quincey are now logging the 1st PK pair load. That eases a bit. Ericsson's injury has been the main reason for Kronwall's problems, when he lost his main pair and had also replace Ericsson's role on the PK. Too much new things when you already are trying to adjust in new things.

I hope our guys could finally stay healthy and get some steadiness on the back end. If the roles are alternating all the time, bad things keep happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Its weird because he hasn't looked impressive offensively, but the points say otherwise.
I just watched all those goals he was involved with, and half of those points are just "touching the puck" as secondary assists. Half of those plays that will lead to goal has basicly nothing to do with Kronwall. He just touched the puck and big things happened after that.

5 points were "earned". Good plays that affected for the birth of the goal.

Last edited by Henkka: 02-11-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote