View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Montreal Shadow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
oh god... you're not joking.
He almost never lost a fight. He went up against the bests of the bests through a 13 years career and his number of losses is probably in the single digits or low double digits. He was a good fighter but as I said before, he never really beat up anybody like Brashear or Probert did. He could definitely fight any fighter to a standstill and beat all of them but not utterly beat them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Even though I think that statement is completely wrong, even if it were true it doesnt matter because the mind set is a huge part about being the top enforcer of all time. Most of the top guys looked like they wanted to hurt people when they fought, Laraque got kicked off one of the softest teams in the league because he didnt want to fight.
That's why I said he was too much of a nice guy. He never beat anyone to a pulp but he could definitely beat anyone. That includes Probert who's widely viewed as the greatest fighter of all time. Difference is Probert beat down people more badly than Laraque did. Laraque could pull a comfortable win against Probert, but he would definitely not dominate him. It's like that against pretty much everyone for him.

For example:

Cote vs Laraque

Now look at what Brashear did to him. Brasher is far more aggressive but nobody thinks he was a better fighter than Laraque.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote