Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:24 PM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

vCash: 500
Here in Richmond, VA it's one poorly run league that utilizes two different rinks in the city. There are 5 divisions with 1 being the highest and 5 the lowest. The main problem is they do not enforce players playing down or even really check to make sure people playing are actually on teams rosters. So naturally it is a mess. There is a rule you can't play down more than one Division, but as I stated earlier, so long as the rink is getting is money, they don't really care.

That said, I am captain of a team in Division 3. While I can formally challenge rosters/players etc., I feel that if other teams don't want to play by the rules, whatever karma is a *****. We will try to beat you anyway.

Now half of us usually play in Division 2 but the other half of our team should probably be in 5. We typically only have 6 or 7 skaters too. So depending on who shows up or subs we play very differently. We also have to have a different sub goalie almost every game. We stay competitive either way, but every year I wish more and more this league wasn't such a cluster ****.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing. But, frustrating season so far for the above reasons.